Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh.My.Gawd


If there is any indication of how much of a failure our Singapore education system is, one of it has to be a conversation I just had with a client during a meeting.

Her : "I'm not sure if our selection of The Star (the leading English newspaper in Malaysia) is appropriate for the campaign. Would Sin Chew (The leading cheena paper) have a better reach?"

Me : "Well, the circulation is quite close, but you have to consider your target audience. Since your brand is looking to hit the English-speaking market, The Star would be a better choice, because you don't just restrict yourself to reaching out to the Chinese market only. There are the English-educated Malays and Indians you can target as well."

Her : "Oh I see... but majority of the population in Malaysia is Chinese right?"

Me : "Er... no?"

Oh My Fucking God. How on fucking earth can anyone think the majority race in MALAYSIA is ...

I was speechless for like 10 seconds and my colleague had to cover for me.

Seriously. WTF

No comments:

Post a Comment